Engaging opportunities within the community.
Financial Literacy First! is looking for volunteers to teach between 12:00pm and 1:00pm and 8am to 9am about financial literacy! We are teaching 8th graders and high school kids in Aurora.
Changing lives requires caring individuals. We are always open to having active members of our community donate their time, talents and skills. We actively seek out passionate volunteers that can be dedicated committed to volunteer opportunities. Our volunteers help support our community awareness tables where we partner with local stores and other non-profit organizations, assist with classroom setup, mailings, phone calls, and other related efforts to reach out to the community. To make this a success, we need your help.
Thank you to all of our volunteers that make our community a better place!
Who is a volunteer?
An individual or group that provides services for no financial or social gain to benefit another person, group or organization.
Benefits of being a volunteer:
- Free meal
- Earn community service hours
- 50% off any financial literacy classes for 1 year
Types of volunteers needed:
- Community table days for sharing information or requesting donations. These table days consist of manning a table, telling people who Financial Literacy First is, how they can get involved, sign them up for classes or requesting donations.
- Classroom assistant: classroom assistant helps pass out papers, gets the room set up and ready for class to start and other miscellaneous classroom activities.
- Other related activities may be making phones calls, updating our contact list, assisting with fundraising, etc.